Saturday, April 28, 2007

Dance with Me

I wrote this because me and some friends are filming a talk show next week, and we needed a skit for it. <3>

Narrator: Once upon a time

James: No! No! No! I'm just an average street sweeper, this story is my one chance for greatness. Can it please have another beginning?

Narrator: Hey! I like once upon time

James: So do I, don't get me wrong. It's just a little overused

Narrator: Ok ok, I've got one. Many Years ago in a far off place,

James: That's better

Narrator: Hush!! Many years ago in a far off place lived a street sweeper named James . Every day

James: I sweep streets

N: Day in and day out he swept streets. Now street sweeping isn't such a bad job, but in his heart James longed for something more.

James: I want an adventure, but street sweepers don't have adventures

Narrator: Little did James know that the perfect adventure was crashing his way

Messenger : May it be know that all young men in the kingdom are hereby invited to a royal ball at 7pm at the palace tonight in honor of princess Julia's 18th birthday. Goodbye.

James: Wait!

Messenger : What?

James: Did you just invite me to a royal ball?

Messenger : The invitation did include you I suppose, but I am much too busy to debate the finer points of court proclamations. Goodbye!

Narrator: So James went back to his street sweeping he swept faster than he ever had before . Finally he finished But now he had another problem: what to wear to the royal ball? So James skipped off in search of the perfect thing to wear to the ball.



Fairy: Uncle James!!!

Narrator: James was so busy that he didn't notice his older sister's daughter, his niece and fairy god-daughter following him.

James : It's hopeless!!!

Fairy: Uncle James!!! N

arrator: But James still did not notice, so his fairy god-daughter decided that it would take desperate measures to get his attention. She pulled out her wand and said:

Fairy : Gibbity Gobbity Go!!

Narrator: Nothing happened so she tried again:

Fairy: Clickity Clockity Clue!!

Narrator: Suddenly her can of magic fairy dust appeared, she sprayed it in the air, rapidly getting her uncle's attention!

James : Hello Lisa!

Narrator: Finally getting his attention she gently layed the dry cleaned suit her mother (the dry cleaner) had sent her to deliver to a neighbor also named James. Unaware that her innocent mistake had opened new doors for James she skipped away!

James : Hmmmmm

Narrator: Suddenly it occurred to him, his sister the dry cleaner had heard about the ball and sent him the suit to wear for it. He ran to get dressed, meanwhile at the castle...



Queen: Come you must get ready for the ball!

Princess: I don't want to go the ball

Queen: Nonsense Julia! The ball is in honor of your eighteenth birthday, you must go!

Princess: I know why I have to go I just really don't want to

Queen: Nonsense!! This is a very important ball, you must go!

Princess :And find a husband

Queen: And find a husband

Queen: Julia it's not that bad.

Princess: They're just so boring!

Queen: What?

Princess: Prince Charming only wants to hear himself talk, Prince Awesome only wants to show off and Prince Intellect is an absolute toad!!

Queen: Who names their sons Charming, Awesome and Intellect anyway???

Princess: You're not helping mother

Queen: Sorry honey, I just meant that maybe the boy you're looking for isn't a prince.

Princess: I suppose so

Queen: You'll meet him tonight, I'm sure you will!! He'll walk in and look at you...

Princess: What will he say?

Queen: He'll say... Dance with me! But no one is going to say anything if you don't get ready



Narrator: So the princess got ready and the guests arrive. Julia mingled while James wandered, both unaware of what was to come.







James: Sorry...

Narrator: James began, but before he could finish he met the princess' eyes. They stared into each other's eyes until James retrieved her glass slipper and pulled her to her feet. Then very slowly he reached out his hand..

James: Dance with me?

Narrator: The princess said yes and you all know th rest



Narrator: Ok ok, James got a bad allergic reaction from his fairy god-daughters fairy dust but it wasn't that bad and they got married and lived in a shinning castle, became king and queen and lived happily ever after!!

Everyone: The end!

No comments: